Thursday, December 4, 2008

We are getting ready for x-mas! Hanlin is asking for presents, even shows me pictures of wrapped presents, but he has no idea what actually is going on. Lily has asked for a dinosaur and a boat, not a small boat either, one that goes in water and you ride on! (yeah, right, like that is going to happen).

My big girls haven't asked for much! Abigail asked for a can of creamed corn and a jar of capers.
She has gotten capers in her stocking since she was 2! Isabelle wants Lindt white chocolate and for her parasite friend "George" to go away.

Oh yeah...I didn't tell you about George..
Isabelle since the first of November has been having severe stomach cramping, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, fever, weakness...
When she had her first "bout" it was 2am and she woke up suddenly, screaming in pain! and I mean SCREAMING! I thought she was giving birth! We jumped up, and was getting ready to bring her to emerg and were also assessing if it was a flu etc.. when she went to the washroom and felt a bit better...she was still in pain, but the screaming stopped, so we thought it was either gas pain, or the flu (which was going around at the time). She was very weak the next day, but starving!! I kept her home, and she was fine. The following week the same thing happened, but this time not as severe, then again the following week, but with so much pain she vomited.
Every time this happened we kept thinking...flu??? But we knew something wasn't right. The doctor ordered (with some pressure from me) stool and blood samples. We had both samples by 9pm that evening. Now at this point, the gym coaches and the school are either sending her home, or saying that she is weak..etc.. the doctor is telling me that it is nothing, I'm getting upset
at Isabelle because I'm frustrated and worried, Isabelle is upset because she knows she doesn't feel right.
So, another week, another bout, now 4 times in 4 weeks. I'm ready to call the doctor again, when the phone rings and it is the doctor.. Surprise!! Isabelle's samples have grown a parasite!
Dientamoebal Fargilis to be exact! She has all the symptoms!!

Poor little thing has to take meds for the next 3 weeks. The pharmacy has to order them in, it is not a common drug. Its an anti malaria/anti parasitic drug.
When she found out yesterday she was a little shocked at first, until I explained what it was, (that it wasn't a big worm that was eating her insides out), and then in true Isabelle character, she decided to name her new pet!!
We've had a good laugh, I told her that she was not allowed to get any more pets,and she did this without my permission! We were adopting her brother..not parasites!!
So she will start these meds on Saturday, and by Christmas, George should be gone!!
At least he better be gone!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... poor Isabelle! I hope George goes away real soon! He sounds like a real party pooper!
The video of Lily and Hanlin is so cute! Delaney pointed out thatHanlin was kinda like "I'm cool too! Look at me!... Why doesn't my car move on it's own too?!"
And I agree with Cheryl's comment. Some people do follow blogs religiously!

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Holy cow !
I sure hope George gets the %%&^ outta here soon :)
Have fun at the party tomorrow. We'll be there in spirit ...
A

geminirn said...

Poor Isabelle,george does not sound like a very fun guy.Hope she feels better soon.

Will chat with you a bit later....*wink* hope you have a fun day.

Just Us Girls said...

Oh no, poor Isabelle!
I hope George is long gone before Christmas... He is NO fun at all!

Carrie

tiffany said...

Oh dear on George! yucky.

Maybe a blow up boat? I had a huge blow up whale when I was a kiddo that filled up the whole bathtub and I loved him (until he popped a hole of course which probably didn't take long!). :)