Wednesday, February 24, 2010


I am just addicted to Oatcakes.. you know the ones, the thick, moist, chocolate chip ones you buy from the muffin store.. YUM!! I've been trying for a while to find a recipe that matches those dip in your coffee, delicious round treats!!
I was given this recipe, and although they are very good, they seem to be missing something.... so I added Chocolate chips.. but still, not quite there yet..

So why don't YOU give them a try??? Whore them up, change them up, put in a pinch of this and a smackeral of that and let me know how you made out. Share your recipe!

Here's mine:

OATCAKES
3 cups rolled Quick oats
3 Cups flour
3/4 sugar (i used brown)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/4 cup lard
2/3 cup cold water
1 cup Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375
Sift together oats, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder with fingertips, work in lard.
Then stir in just enough water to make firm dough. (I had to use all of the water and a bit more)
Lightly sprinkle the work surface with oats and roll our the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch 2 inch circles.
Transfer to greased sheet
bake 20 mins

**update** Yes these are Frank Friendly, meaning dairy free.
Stephanie e-mailed me another recipe that I will try and I'll let you know how they taste!

3 comments:

cb said...

are you doing them Frankie friendly??
CB

Anonymous said...

Try them with white chocolate chips, cinnamon and cranberries/craisins. It gives them a Christmasy flavor. :)

tiffany said...

So is this like an oatmeal cookie? I agree with the cinnamon idea! I always add cinnamon to oatmeal cookies and yum. I might try these, but am not so clear on what they are!